This function is vectorised on
repo so you can install multiple packages in a single command.
install_github(repo, username = NULL, ref = "master", subdir = NULL, auth_token = github_pat(), host = "api.github.com", ...)
- Repository address in the format
username/repo[/subdir][@ref|#pull]. Alternatively, you can specify
refusing the respective parameters (see below); if both is specified, the values in
- User name. Deprecated: please include username in the
- Desired git reference. Could be a commit, tag, or branch name, or a call to
github_pull. Defaults to
- subdirectory within repo that contains the R package.
- To install from a private repo, generate a personal access token (PAT) in https://github.com/settings/applications and supply to this argument. This is safer than using a password because you can easily delete a PAT without affecting any others. Defaults to the
- GitHub API host to use. Override with your GitHub enterprise hostname, for example,
- Other arguments passed on to
Attempting to install from a source repository that uses submodules raises a warning. Because the zipped sources provided by GitHub do not include submodules, this may lead to unexpected behaviour or compilation failure in source packages. In this case, cloning the repository manually using
args="--recursive" may yield better results.
Other package installation:
## Not run: install_github("klutometis/roxygen") install_github("wch/ggplot2") install_github(c("rstudio/httpuv", "rstudio/shiny")) install_github(c("email@example.com", "klutometis/roxygen#142", "mfrasca/r-logging/pkg")) # Update devtools to the latest version, on Linux and Mac # On Windows, this won't work - see ?build_github_devtools install_github("hadley/devtools") # To install from a private repo, use auth_token with a token # from <a href="https://github.com/settings/applications" title="https://github.com/settings/applications">https://github.com/settings/applications</a>. You only need the # repo scope. Best practice is to save your PAT in env var called # GITHUB_PAT. install_github("hadley/private", auth_token = "abc") ## End(Not run)
Documentation reproduced from package devtools, version 1.9.1. License: GPL (>= 2)