This dataframe contains a matrix of votes cast by U.S. Senators in the 90th Congress. The data are formatted consistent with the
rollcall object format in Simon Jackman's
The dataframe contains roll call data for all Senators in the 90th Senate. The data is formatted as a
rollcall object with the following elements.
- data frame, containing all data from the old
nom31.datfile about legislators. For a typical W-NOMINATE object run with an ORD file read using
readKH, it will contain the following:
- list of four vectors.
yeashows the codes in
votesthat are yea votes, 'nay' shows nay codes,
notInLegisshows absences, and
missingshows the missing codes.
- numeric, number of legislators
- numeric, number of roll calls
- data frame, containing the following information on legislators:
- null, would otherwise be a data frame containing data on the votes.
- null, would otherwise be a string describing the data set.
- string, describing where data set was read from.
#This data file is the same as reading file using: #sen90 <- readKH("ftp://voteview.com/sen90kh.ord") #All ORD files can be found on <a href="http://www.voteview.com<br /> " title="www.voteview.com<br /> ">www.voteview.com<br /> </a> data(sen90) summary(sen90) result<-oc(sen90,polarity=c(2,5)) summary(result) plot(result)
Documentation reproduced from package oc, version 0.93. License: GPL-2