Only for internal use by pairwiseTest. Two different functions for data representable as a two numeric vectors (pairwiseTestCont) and data representable as matrix with two columns (pairwiseTestProp) as created can be done with a formula like cbind(successes, failures) ~ group. Functions that split up a data.frame according to one factor, and perform all pairwise comparisons and comparisons to control among the levels of the factor by calling functions that can deal with two vectors x and y or the one documented in ?Prop.test.
pairwiseTestCont(formula, data, control=NULL, method, ...) pairwiseTestProp(formula, data, control=NULL, method, ...)
- a formula specifiying the response and the factor variable: response ~ factor
- a data frame, containing the variables specified in formula
- character string, giving the name of the function, which shall be used to calculate local p-values. Any function, taking two vectors x, and y as first arguments and returning a list with the p.value in a list element named p.value can be specified.
- optional character string, defining the name of a control group. Must be one of the levels of the factor variable defined in formula. By default control=NULL, then all pairwise comparisons between the levels of the factor variable are computed.
- Arguments to be passed the function defined in method
For internal use in pairwiseTest.
a data.frame containing the columns
- numeric vector: the p.values
- character vector: the names of the comparisons performed
- character vector: the names of the first group
- character vector: the names of the second group
Documentation reproduced from package pairwiseCI, version 0.1-25. License: GPL-2