A transformation encapsulates a transformation and its inverse, as well as the information needed to create pleasing breaks and labels. The breaks function is applied on the transformed range of the range, and it's expected that the labels function will perform some kind of inverse tranformation on these breaks to give them labels that are meaningful on the original scale.
trans_new(name, transform, inverse, breaks = extended_breaks(), format = format_format(), domain = c(-Inf, Inf))
- transformation name
- function, or name of function, that performs the transformation
- function, or name of function, that performs the inverse of the transformation
- default breaks function for this transformation. The breaks function is applied to the raw data.
- default format for this transformation. The format is applied to breaks generated to the raw data.
- domain, as numeric vector of length 2, over which transformation is valued
Documentation reproduced from package scales, version 0.3.0. License: MIT + file LICENSE