R.Version() provides detailed information about the version of R running.
R.Version() R.version R.version.string version
R.Version returns a list with character-string components
- the platform for which R was built. A triplet of the form CPU-VENDOR-OS, as determined by the configure script. E.g,
- the architecture (CPU) R was built on/for.
- the underlying operating system
- CPU and OS, separated by a comma.
- the status of the version (e.g.,
- the major version number
- the minor version number, including the patchlevel
- the year the version was released
- the month the version was released
- the day the version was released
- svn rev
- the Subversion revision number, which should be either
"unknown"or a single number. (A range of numbers or a number with M or S appended indicates inconsistencies in the sources used to build this version of R.)
characterstring concatenating some of the info above, useful for plotting, etc.
Do not use
R.version$os to test the platform the code is running on: use
.Platform$OS.type instead. Slightly different versions of the OS may report different values of
R.version$os, as may different versions of R.
Documentation reproduced from R 3.0.1. License: GPL-2.