- numeric value specifying the example required.
- number of data to simulate.
- character string which may be used to spcify the distribution of the response.
- Used to set noise level.
See the source code for exactly what is simulated in each case.
- Gu and Wahba 4 univariate term example.
- A smooth function of 2 variables.
- Example with continuous by variable.
- Example with factor by variable.
- An additive example plus a factor variable.
- Additive + random effect.
- As 1 but with correlated covariates.
eg, but usually a dataframe, which may also contain some information on the underlying truth. Sometimes a list with more items, including a data frame for model fitting. See source code or helpfile examples where the function is used for further information.
## see ?gam
Documentation reproduced from R 3.0.1. License: GPL-2.