nlsList(model, data, start, control, level, subset, na.action, pool) ## S3 method for class 'nlsList': update((object, model., ..., evaluate = TRUE))
- an object inheriting from class
nlsList, representing a list of fitted
- either a nonlinear model formula, with the response on the left of a
~operator and an expression involving parameters, covariates, and a grouping factor separated by the
|operator on the right, or a
selfStartfunction. The method function
nlsList.selfStartis documented separately.
- Changes to the model -- see
- a data frame in which to interpret the variables named in
- an optional named list with initial values for the parameters to be estimated in
model. It is passed as the
startargument to each
nlscall and is required when the nonlinear function in
modeldoes not inherit from class
- a list of control values passed as the
nls. Defaults to an empty list.
- an optional integer specifying the level of grouping to be used when multiple nested levels of grouping are present.
- an optional expression indicating the subset of the rows of
datathat should be used in the fit. This can be a logical vector, or a numeric vector indicating which observation numbers are to be included, or a character vector of the row names to be included. All observations are included by default.
- a function that indicates what should happen when the data contain
NAs. The default action (
nlsListto print an error message and terminate if there are any incomplete observations.
- an optional logical value that is preserved as an attribute of the returned value. This will be used as the default for
poolin calculations of standard deviations or standard errors for summaries.
- some methods for this generic require additional arguments. None are used in this method.
TRUEevaluate the new call else return the call.
a list of
nls objects with as many components as the number of groups defined by the grouping factor. Generic functions such as
update have methods that can be applied to an
Pinheiro, J.C., and Bates, D.M. (2000), Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-PLUS, Springer.
Documentation reproduced from package nlme, version 3.1-109. License: GPL (>= 2)