Calculate pairwise comparisons between group levels with corrections for multiple testing
pairwise.t.test(x, g, p.adjust.method = p.adjust.methods, pool.sd = !paired, paired = FALSE, alternative = c("two.sided", "less", "greater"), ...)
- response vector.
- grouping vector or factor.
- Method for adjusting p values (see
- switch to allow/disallow the use of a pooled SD
- a logical indicating whether you want paired t-tests.
- a character string specifying the alternative hypothesis, must be one of
- additional arguments to pass to
pool.sd switch calculates a common SD for all groups and uses that for all comparisons (this can be useful if some groups are small). This method does not actually call
t.test, so extra arguments are ignored. Pooling does not generalize to paired tests so
paired cannot both be
Only the lower triangle of the matrix of possible comparisons is being calculated, so setting
alternative to anything other than
"two.sided" requires that the levels of
g are ordered sensibly.
Object of class
Documentation reproduced from R 3.0.2. License: GPL-2.