This is used to set various numeric parameters controling a Cox model fit. Typically it would only be used in a call to
coxph.control(eps = 1e-09, toler.chol = .Machine$double.eps^0.75, iter.max = 20, toler.inf = sqrt(eps), outer.max = 10)
- Iteration continues until the relative change in the log partial likelihood is less than eps. Must be positive.
- Tolerance for detection of singularity during a Cholesky decomposion of the variance matrix, i.e., for detecting a redundant predictor variable.
- Maximum number of iterations to attempt for convergence.
- Tolerance criteria for the warning message about a possible infinite coefficient value.
- For a penalized coxph model, e.g. with pspline terms, there is an outer loop of iteration to determine the penalty parameters; maximum number of iterations for this outer loop.
a list containing the values of each of the above constants
Documentation reproduced from package survival, version 2.37-4. License: LGPL (>= 2)