Prompts the user to check they have done all that is expected of them before sending a post to the R-help mailing list, provides a template for the post with session information included and optionally sends the email (on Unix systems).
help.request(subject = "", address = "r-help@R-project.org", file = "R.help.request", ...)
- subject of the email. Please do not use single quotes (') in the subject! Post separate help requests for multiple queries.
- recipient's email address.
- filename to use (if needed) for setting up the email.
- additional named arguments such as
ccaddressto pass to
This function is not intended to replace the posting guide. Please read the guide before posting to R-help or using this function (see http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html).
- asks whether the user has consulted relevant resources, stopping and opening the relevant URL if a negative response if given.
- checks whether the current version of R is being used and whether the add-on packages are up-to-date, giving the option of updating where necessary.
- asks whether the user has prepared appropriate (minimal, reproducible, self-contained, commented) example code ready to paste into the post.
Once this checklist has been completed a template post is prepared including current session information, and passed to
Documentation reproduced from R 3.0.2. License: GPL-2.